Deadline: May 05, 2014
Founders’ Scholarship & Northwest Journalists of C0lor Scholarship:
For all scholarship inquiries, contact AAJA Seattle VP of Programs, Caroline Li at Caroline@SoMuchGoodMusic.com.
To qualify you must be:
- A Washington resident
- A current high school junior or senior attending a high school in Washington
- A current student attending a 4-year college, community college or vocational college who will be attending school this fall (does not have to be a WA college)
- Founders’ Scholarship is open to all high school and college students. *Graduating college seniors are eligible to apply for Founders’ Scholarship
Northwest Journalists of Color Scholarship Application Materials:
- A completed application form (below).
- Contact information for two references (*NOTE: We have cut out the recommendation letter requirement from two references. Instead, we will call references for our finalists only).
- An copy of your current transcript (emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- A 500-word essay (See scholarship application below).
- Statement of financial need. Please describe the cost of your education and list any sources you use (i.e. scholarships, jobs, parental assistance and other types of financial aid) to pay for your education. (Included as part of the form below).
- Links to three samples of your best work.
Only AAJA Seattle Student Members Eligible. The Founders’ Scholarship was established in 2000 to honor Frank Abe, Ron Chew and Lori Matsukawa, who founded the AAJA Seattle chapter in 1985. The scholarship covers a student registration fee for 2014 National Convention.
The 2014 convention will be held at the Renaissance Washington, D.C. Downtown Hotel, August 13-16, 2014. A small stipend for travel and accommodations is available. Learn more about AAJA National Convention here: http://www.aaja.org/category/convention/d-c-2014/
When filling out your application below there will be an option for you to choose to have your application materials apply towards the Founders’ Scholarship.